Re: VGA Specs

From: Jamie Hushower <hushower@alaska-geeks.com>
Date: Thu Aug 25 2005 - 10:40:14 AKDT

Thanks for the replies (hey, Ben!).

I'll give more details. A client wants to use a large LCD (23") for displaying
information for clients. The added display will be on the opposite side of the
room from his computer. I *could* run a cable on the floor around the office
with about 20'. I could go through the plenum with about 35'.

Based on the comments about quality and interference, I think I will not
recommend a stright cable. Interference will be a problem with the resolution
on the large display and the lighting in the ceiling. I have found a Cables to
Go VGA (2x) splitter/amplifier and 50' cable for about $160 shipped.
Additionally, the cable end can separate to facilitate feeding the cable
through conduit. A much cleaner and reliable solution than what I thought to
suggest.

-Jamie

--
Jamie Hushower