Super_L and KDE

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Sun Aug 21 2005 - 16:21:47 AKDT

Hello

I have RH 9.0 on one partition. Slack 10.0 on the other. I use the same
xmodmap on either partition for my keyboard. Code is at the end of this post.

I have a small footprint logictech keyboard with a "win"
key. (keycode 115) which is mapped to Super_L.

On Slack with KDE 3.2.3, after pressing the Super_L key,
releasing it launches the main menu. I don't have that
problem on RH with KDE 3.1-12

Grrr! I hate it when that happens, it interferes with my
emacs.

Does anyone know how to disable this process?
NOTE: KDE control center keyboard shortcut service recognizes
this key as "Win", and xev doesn't appear to register anything
but the menu events.

TIA
tim
xmodmap follows:
remove Lock = Caps_Lock
remove Control = Control_L Control_R

! Assign original caps lock key to left control key
keycode 0x42 = Control_L
! Assign original left control key to caps lock
keycode 0x25 = Caps_Lock
! Assign original right windows key to right control key
keycode 0x74 = Control_R
add Lock = Caps_Lock
! add Control = Control_R Control_L Control_L
add Control = Control_R Control_L

! use windows key as modifier
keycode 115=Super_L

! remove modifier bits for both control keys to keep xemacs from complaining
remove mod4 = Control_L
remove mod4 = Control_R
remove mod1 = Control_L
remove mod1 = Control_R