Re: ACS and AirCard580 et. al.

From: Jon Reynolds <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Tue Aug 16 2005 - 15:02:09 AKDT

William Bouterse wrote:
> Before I call ACS and make a fool out of myself I wanted to ask...
>
> Here in the Montana Creek area on the outskirts of
> Talkeetna with a very slow land-line dialup, though decent
> cell phone connectivity would this qualify me to be able to
> use this service package? and then again to be really obtuse...
> Just what package would I be asking for???
>
> Thanks, sorry for the clueslessness but I have been "promised" so
> many "soon to be implemented" services by MTA that I am a little
> skeptical...
>

> William (Bill) Bouterse
> Talkeetna Area

Hi William,

As far as I know the card only works as far as Houston, I haven't
verified this though. I am trying to convince my wife to make a run out
to our property which is at the turn off just before Sheep Creek Lodge,
just so I can see if it works that far, so far she hasn't taken the bait. :)

So you might hold off on paying for something that probably isn't going
to work. ACS has said that they are trying to provide coverage for the
AirCard that reaches any place their cell phones do. But when that
happens is anybodys guess.

Marketing is where the rubber meets the sky.

Jon