Re: aklug Digest V4 #156

From: Graham Siebe <gsiebe@alaskalife.net>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 16:01:45 AKDT

If it's affecting both IE and Firefox, I would be looking at your
networking drivers. I don't know exactly how windows breaks them, but
it seems to happen every once and a while. I've seen a couple other
cases of really strange symptoms where this seemed to fix it. Just go
to the device manager, remove your NIC and reboot. It should detect it
on reboot and reinstall the drivers automatically.

If that doesn't work, try going to the manufacturer and getting some
updated (or even older) drivers. Hopefully changing them will overwrite
whatever got damaged.

I once installed a USB NIC on a windows box with a driver problem. The
driver installation for the new NIC fixed what was wrong with the old
one. Just a thought.