Re: windows problem

From: Jim Gribbin <Jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Sat Aug 13 2005 - 01:30:38 AKDT

I seem have this partially solved and you're sorta close - javascript
not java. It seems to be a javascript problem. I'm running Kerio
Personal Firewall which has a pop-up blocker. I've been running this for
at least a year. Turning off the blocker seems to take care of the problem.
The pop-up blocker is adding some html code containing a quantity of
javascript to the incoming stream. Some of the javascript appears to be
attempting some sort of connection to 127.0.0.1 or "localhost" at port
44501/pl.html. I'm not experienced enough with web coding to tell what
service its attempting to connect to, but I suspect one of my recent
security upgrades of W2K eliminated or changed the service. I suspect
that the javascript code's inability to connect to the missing/changed
service is tripping some sort of automatic reload in an attempt to connect.

Kind of odd though that this is the only site I've had this problem on
and the site has no pop-ups on it.

Jim Gribbin