Re: tee getting stopped

From: James <marblemunkey@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 07 2005 - 23:00:38 AKDT

It's been a while since I've run into something like this, but it's
likely that you're have interactivity issues... telnet expects to be
interacting with a virtual terminal on it's display end and can get
confused when you pipe it, as well as the telnet command handshaking
that may mess up a straight socket connection like pop3, especially if
you are recieving data attachments.

your idea isn't far off though: try do the same thing you are doing
here with netcat (http://netcat.sourceforge.net/) and see if it works
any better.. netcat doesn't (by default, anyway) do any telnet
negotiation, and doesn't expect to have access to a vtt.

'nc pop4.attglobal.net 110 | tee message5' should work=20

James

P.S. some distros have the netcat binary as 'netcat', other as 'nc'... dunn=
o why