Re: Hardware That Needs Good Home

From: Tom <thogland@alaskatech.org>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 18:57:01 AKDT

So, before I start posting to eBay - anyone interested? I'd rather
horse-trade it around up here than go through the hassle of shipping...

Besides the CPU and memory quoted, I also have a DEC3300 Alpha server -
21164A-400 CPU, 1152GB (1GB + 128MB) memory, 4 hot-swap bays, two trays,
one HD (9G Quantum SCA). The original EISA DE-500 NIC is flaky, but I
have a 3com replacement in there running now. I got it in the box, it's
been on 24x7 for a couple years now, and except for the flaky NIC it
purrs... I'd like to get a reasonable offer for it, either $ or in
trade, as it's still quite usable.

Finally, I've still got the giant box-o-parts. Older memory, NICs, etc.
Six inches deep in the bottom of a Dell PC shipping box... That's free
if you're willing to promise it'll find a good home.