Mounting a new file system at an existing Samba share

From: Lauren Horn <aklug@horns.org>
Date: Thu Jul 28 2005 - 18:20:41 AKDT

I have an FC3 server running Samba 3.0.10. /home/shared is a public
share that was working fine until I tried to add a 250G drive to the
mix. I moved all the files from /home/shared to the new drive (at a
temporary mount point), then mounted the new drive at /home/shared.

I can still see the files on the share, but it is now R/O! Does Samba
have a problem sharing a mount point?

Here, in case it's relevant, is my fstab. hdc1 is the new drive:

LABEL=/ / ext3 defaults 1 1
LABEL=/boot /boot ext2 defaults 1 2
none /dev/pts devpts gid=5,mode=620 0 0
none /dev/shm tmpfs defaults 0 0
none /proc proc defaults 0 0
none /sys sysfs defaults 0 0
/dev/hda2 swap swap defaults 0 0
/dev/hdc1 /home/shared ext3 defaults 1 2
/dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom udf,iso9660 noauto,owner,kudzu,ro 0 0

and here's the tail bit of samba.conf:

[shared]
comment = Public Shared Folder
path = /home/shared