Re: just blowing off a little steamabout xp

From: lee <lee@afabco.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 19:21:56 AKDT

> It's not just private industry though. The Municipality of Anchorage's
> GIS mapping system is unusable unless you're running IE on Windows.

Yup. I work for said Municipality, and they are rock-solid embedded
microsoft partisans. Two weeks ago they wanted to replace my Win2k
desktop with XP, and I said 'no thanks'. (OK, I said a little more
than that). You shoulda heard the howling. I got my anterior end
chewed on from two levels of management on that one. My friend over
there says they are still talking in outrage about that one. She said,
"You aren't gonna live that one down." I said Why should I want to?
I'm right.

Of course, they don't sign my timesheet either. Thank the good Lord he
generously gave me the opportunity to get out of that business.

--
  AFABCO
  afabco.com