Re: just blowing off a little steamabout xp

From: Jim Gribbin <jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Thu Jun 23 2005 - 18:13:00 AKDT

On Thursday 23 June 2005 2:00 pm, Enkidu wrote:
> Jim Gribbin wrote:
> [snip]
>
> This is why my
>
> > laptop dual-boots and I have VMWare running on my box at work. I only
> > use IE when I have to, and Firefox the rest of the time. Getting other
> > people to do something like this when they have no concept of the
> > problems... The couple of time I've tried to point out the problem, I've
> > been met with glazed eyeballs.
>
> [snip]
>
> There is actually an ActiveX engine for Firefox now that works pretty well.
> In fact, there has been great success at running this engine under wine in
> *nix. I don't have any links to this at hand right now, but I'll do some
> digging and try to post them later.
>
> Art
I found an ActiveX plugin for Firefox that was reputed to run with Fx for win
under wine on Linux (mouthfull). Didn't have any luck getting Fx for win
running on linux the last time I tried. I'll have to take another shot at it.

I don't believe Fx is considered a supported app. Probably because its already
offered for Linux.

--
Jim Gribbin
Prudential Jack White/Vista RE