Re: just blowing off a little steamabout xp

From: jonr <jonr@destar.net>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2005 - 23:46:56 AKDT

Jim Gribbin wrote:
> lee wrote:
>
>>yup. My first experiences with XP almost two years ago convinced me it
>
> 'nother big snip.
> Unfortunately, I think the only suggestion here that looks promising is
>
> the Lavasoft Adware. I think I knew about this when I set the computer
> up for her, but Windows had this other thing that I figured I give a
> shot. I guess that was a bad idea.

Using the free version of adware and spybot together is recommended on
the spybot page. They say that whatever they miss adware will get and
vice versa. There was an issue where adware was catching spybot and
tagging it as spyware and removing it. The spybot guys got in touch with
them and this should be cleared up.