Re: Java and Outlook Web Access

From: Jim Gribbin <jim@JimGribbin.com>
Date: Sun Jun 05 2005 - 18:29:32 AKDT

On Sunday 05 June 2005 11:56 am, Barsalou wrote:
> Anyone have any particular problem using OWA with Mozilla on Linux? I'm
> fairly sure this is a Java issue, but java is running on my workstation,
> it just doesn't seem to be working with OWA.
>
> I can use IE from my Win4Lin windows box on the same workstation.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Mike B.

I've never run OWA, but I have had java issues. Have you upgraded mozilla
since installing java? I've noticed that when java installs, it puts the
plugin to a specific .../mozilla[ver]/plugins directory. When I upgrade
mozilla, it creates a new plugins directory and no-longer knows about java
(or flash, or ...). Check "about:plugins".

Yolinux also has a tutorial that covers OWA. Might help?!
http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialMicrosoftWindowsNetworkIntegration.html

--
Jim Gribbin
Prudential Jack White/Vista RE