Trying out my mp3 server

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Thu Apr 28 2005 - 20:01:46 AKDT

I'm at Title wave testing out my new mp3 server. I'm using Jinzora for this.

www.jinzora.com

I spent about 3 days installing this thing. My first task was figuring
out how to rip a CD to mp3. Then I had to figure out how to install
Jinzora. Today I figured out that I didn't have a "php.ini" file. Once I
put that in the right location and configured for Jinzora everything
worked.

Jinzora is beyond cool. It's the best mp3 organizer I've ever seen. Here
are some of the cool features.
1. It uses ID3 tags in the mp3 file and creates a genres, pulls in cover
art and some how finds a right up of the artist/group
2. It lets you create play lists
3. Users are required to log in. Admin can create users.
4. You can allow users to download songs.
5. If you have "lame" installed you can resample on the fly. Lets say
you encode your music at 128 K. With the "resample" feature users can
change the bit rate they listen at.

The "resample" feature is hard to explain but I think it's Jinzora's
best feature. Here at title wave I was unable to listen to music at 128.
I selected 64 which worked. I then tested it at 96 which also worked.
Jinzora resamples on the fly.

If anyone wants more info or a demo I'll be at tomorrows aklug meeting
ripping CD's and uploading them to Jinzora. If you have any music you
would like uploaded bring a CD or two.

Oh, I recently added bandwidth monitoring to Cacti so we can see how
much bandwidth is being used. I'm on GCI cable.