Re: Thunderbird sucking

From: Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org>
Date: Wed Apr 20 2005 - 14:17:05 AKDT

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005, Mac Mason wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 20, 2005 at 12:17:15PM -0800, Stephen King wrote:
> > Actually, pine wasn't all that bad....
> Mutt is to pine what firefox is to wget.

I wasn't even going to get involved, but then this flame bait. ;-) What are
you basing that assessment on? It's been a few years since I looked at mutt,
but back then pine blew the doors off of it when it came to role support,
particularly in properly addressing replies, etc., based on recipient or
sender address, etc.

I've used pine for almost a decade (using vi(m) as the editor), and I've yet
to find a better alternative. I'll concede that I only occasionally look
since I'm already pretty happy, but still...

        --Arthur Corliss