Re: RAID set faild!!

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Apr 12 2005 - 15:21:49 AKDT

I had a sketchy hard drive for a long time that didn't like to get
recognized
when my system booted up; every time I rebooted (desktop box, so pretty
regularly) I had to make sure it saw it; otherwise, my EVMS raid-5 would
kick
it out of the array, and it would be a pain to fix.
Still using that drive, on a different IDE controller, and it's happy.

  --Mac

On Tue, Apr 12, 2005 at 11:19:27AM -0800, Damien Hull wrote:
> I'm using software RAID 1. It works well but for some reason it's been
> kicking drives out of the RAID set. Things keep running but I no
longer
> have RAID 1.
>
> I just added the drive back into the RAID set. It's syncing as I type.
> This is the second time I've had to add a drive back into the RAID
set.

> I'll be watching this closely. I'll also be doing a backup every day
> instead of once a week. I can't afford to loose data.
>
> Is anyone else seeing this?

Julian "Mac" Mason                            mac@cs.hmc.edu
Computer Science '06                          (909)-607-3129
Harvey Mudd College