Re: ACS "tech support"

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Mon Mar 21 2005 - 18:57:07 AKST

damien hull wrote:

>The filtering that ACS has is to restrictive for me. GCI gives you an
>Internet connection to do with as you pleas. If I want I can put up my
>own mail server. You can't do that on ACS.

Bzzzz.... When I moved here, I asked them specifically if I could run
any services I wanted. Sho' nuff, I could.

Yes, they block 137-139. Every other port I've opened (which is
basically all, since I run ssh, http, etc servers, and have an IP phone
on my connection) has been met with success.

>There also seems to be filtering of SSH. I tried to connect to a clients
>server and wasn't able to connect. I'm on GCI and they are on ACS.

See above.

>I've also had to change my email settings. I had Internet though Custom
>CPU which is just reselling ACS DSL. I was unable to send email through
>my mail server on the net. I had to use Custom CPU's mail server.

That'll be Custom CPU, not ACS. Your beef lies with Custom CPU. I can
connect to just anything I want on port 25.

Snipping the rest.

Adam