Re: linux/SATA boot device

From: larry collier <larry@medease.com>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 12:17:45 AKST

I installed fc2 without a problem on a new computer with sata drives.
Installed everything to the satas - the ide drive has win98se. No
problems at all. Could not get fc3 to install properly on the same
computer with no hardware changes. I added a second ide and tried to
load all of fc3 to it. No worky.

It appears to me that the installer when it sets up grub doesn't load
the sata drivers that the boot process needs. The files are all on the
sata drives in their proper places but /boot is incomplete. Grub.conf
doesn't even reference any of the sata drives.

HTH,

Larry Collier