Re: Finding a name inside of an email

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Fri Feb 25 2005 - 11:07:05 AKST

* Arthur Corliss <acorliss@nevaeh-linux.org> [2005-02-25 19:42 +0100]:
> > Glad the lack of the 'info' portion of the filename didn't cause any
> > loss of mail. ;]
>
> It wouldn't have caused problems in my scripts because I'm paranoid enough
> about embedded spaces, etc., that I always quote my args ({cmd} "$file") as
> I pass them. :-)

Ok, so I guess I need some education: Why wouldn't passing a partial
filename cause an error? I use the double quotes, too, but I didn't
realize that they would complete filename... Hrm... or did you use an
asterisk to allow the filesystem to complete? Just wondering. I need
to learn my one thing for the day. ;]

> I may not have noticed that bit, but I was prepared in advance for a little
> weirdness...

Yeah, that's always good. I'm learning that, slowly but surely. My
latest adventure is writing a website generation script, as I'm tired of
never quite being able to get what I want from the software that's out
there. I'm using python to do it, but was thinking about using sh for
the longest time. Finally decided that sh would be too unwieldy for
this type of project.

Anywho, good luck with the bug-testing. Off to parse some dict of dict
of lists. ;]

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]