Re: Dumb Question

From: patp <pprout@gci.net>
Date: Thu Feb 10 2005 - 17:31:43 AKST

Richard Stallman was up here a few years ago and explained the whole thing in
detail.
For as much detail as you want start at:

http://www.gnu.org/gnu/gnu-history.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/GNU/Linux_naming_controversy
http://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.html

I got the impression he was smart but a mad-monk type.
rough on the edges but has a worthy goal.