Fwd: Re: (no subject)

From: Matthew Ceja <ceja@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri Jan 28 2005 - 15:36:11 AKST

I'm not really sure which lights are which on this thing. I know the 5 light rarely flashes
and when it does its usually red.

Watch the modem lights and see if you're losing sync, you may be attempting
to connect at rate that gives you only marginal connectivity. I'd call in
and ask them to bump it down and see if your link is more stable. Sounds
like some bad copper in your area or house.

It could be the modem, too, though. I had an old Nortel that last year
decided that it couldn't negotiate for rates over 100K, and had to replace it.