Re: Freebsd libm.so.6 not found??

From: damien hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Fri Jan 21 2005 - 10:04:10 AKST

On Thu, 2005-01-20 at 22:39 -0800, Newnham wrote:
> I am trying to run a patch program for an hlds server, but when i type the command
> " ./hlds_boost -game czero -dll addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so +maxplayers 24 +map de_dust2_cz &"
> I get this /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libm.so.6" not found, required by "booster.so"
>
> I am running freebsds latest stable version with redhat emulation installed. Why wont it run? I tried looking for a gnu lib c file for bsd but couldn't find one. If i could install this library I would like to know how.
>
> Thanks

Make sure you have Linux binary compatibility installed. You may need
that installed for the rest to work.

Even if that's installed it may not work. "libm.so.6" is a library of
some kind and from the info you posted it either isn't there or it's not
in the right location. I'm running Fedora Core 3 and "libm.so.6" is in
"/lib". See if you have this library on your system.

If it's not there you could try coping it from a Linux system. Not sure
where you would stick it though.

Hope this helps.