Servers for sale?

From: Jim <jsw@wadell.org>
Date: Thu Jan 13 2005 - 17:46:04 AKST

Some of us at work are going to bid on a pallet of surplus Compaq
servers. I asked the people who had run them, and got the following:

The typical DL380 that we have are dual 1Ghz processor P3 with 2GB of
RAM and 4 - 18GB hard drives. They have a built in 10/100 Nic and
SmartII SCSI array controller. Some of the DL380s are 800mhz processors
with less ram.

I would guess that we would bid about $200 each. Not sure how many, or
if we will need some extras, but drop me a line off list if you are
interested in joining the fun!

Jim