re: GCI filtering port 139?

From: KURT BRENDGARD <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 10:56:50 AKST

whats your ip addy ?? i could use some more storage
for my files :>

you should never ever ever open those ports to the
internet, unless you WANT somebody to own you. the
newer windows boxes can be set up to virtual private
network with few(for windows) problems. i'm assuming
you have a firewall of some kind, (if not, set one up,
better the script kiddies own your firewall and give
you more time to protect your server. its one more
layer of protection they have to go through) they are
not that spendy now days. most of them now come with
vpn built in as well. if you set up a linux firewall,
you can set up one on that. if its a stationary box
you are using to vpn in, you could set up vpn to vpn
firewalls, but that allows the whole network to use
your files as well.