RE: GCI filtering port 139?

From: Christopher Erickson <cerickson@gci.net>
Date: Fri Dec 24 2004 - 21:50:21 AKST

On COM21 modems, we filter TCP ports 137 & 139 unless you call
and ask for the filter to be removed.

I wouldn't suggest that anyone do Windows sharing over the Internet
unless you are using a secure connection of some kind. And if you
are doing that, TCP ports 137/139 should pass through unaffected.

-Christopher Erickson