Re: ubuntu

From: Ayden <whitty@reeve.com>
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 23:21:56 AKST

Well, now that I've installed it on my ibook G4, I'd have to say that
I'm not having as great of an impression as i did right when i finished
installing it. It's debian hell (edit: i fucking loath debian.) I'm
finding my self fucking around with dependency hell. I end up having to
go to the ubuntu tree and getting the packages by hand and installing
them by hand, it's very tedious. I'm having problems with right click as
well, it looks like it's configured to do right, middle, and regular
click, but something's broken. Going into the ubuntu channel did
nothing, nobody was on PPC. Other than that, ubuntu is very smooth, and
for the regular desktop user, it's a prime distro.

whitham