[joey@infodrom.org: Debian Weekly News - December 21st, 2004]

From: Fielder George Dowding <fgdowding@iceworm-enterprises.net>
Date: Wed Dec 22 2004 - 11:14:25 AKST

Special to all you Debianites...
----- Forwarded message from Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org> -----
<snip>
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 10:41:16 -0900
From: Martin Schulze <joey@infodrom.org>
To: Debian News Channel <debian-news@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Debian Weekly News - December 21st, 2004
<snip>
Debian Weekly News
http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/2004/50/
Debian Weekly News - December 21st, 2004

Welcome to this year's 50th issue of DWN, the weekly newsletter for
the Debian community. The Oxford University's computer centre will
[1]complete its move to PostgreSQL running on Debian as the back-end
database over the next year. The next [2]stable update is being
[3]prepared and expected before New Year's eve. For those of you who
celebrate Christmas we wish you a Merry Christmas.

 1. http://news.zdnet.co.uk/software/applications/0,39020384,39173013,00.htm
 2. http://lists.debian.org/debian-release/2004/12/msg00134.html
 3. http://people.debian.org/~joey/3.0r4/

Sarge Release Progress Update. Andreas Barth sent in an [4]update on
the release progress for Debian 3.1. He reported that GNOME 2.8 has
been added to sarge and that a kernel update is inadvertently binary
incompatible with its predecessor. The KDE maintainers have presented
a plan for getting KDE 3.3 into testing that meets the release team's
requirements.

 4. http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2004/12/msg00006.html

<snip>

Want to continue reading DWN? Please help us create this newsletter.
We still need more volunteer writers who watch the Debian community
and report about what is going on. Please see the [57]contributing
page to find out how to help. We're looking forward to receiving your
mail at [58]dwn@debian.org.

 57. http://www.debian.org/News/weekly/contributing
 58. mailto:dwn@debian.org

Fielder George Dowding, Chief Iceworm        .^.   Debian/GNU Linux
dba Iceworm Enterprises, Anchorage, Alaska   /v\   "Sarge" Testing
Since 1976 - Over 25 Years of Service.      /( )\  User Number 269482
                                            ^^-^^  "Seth" 186667