re: USlug or WUlug PLEASE READ

From: KURT BRENDGARD <brendgard@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon Dec 20 2004 - 23:38:22 AKST

sounds like a decent enough idea. think ill try giving
a hand in it myself. on our new site ive added a linux
section to the new forums page, if you want to try and
build a forum there, i dont mind making you a
moderator in it. i can look into setting up a chat
room as well, i think the host has an installable
script for it or something. ill have to try and
remember to look into it this week. a mailing list
like our aklug might have to wait a bit, but perhaps
in the near future. irc though, i will NOT even think
of. one its a headache, two it brings headaches, three
i dont think my hoster will go for it either. too many
dos attacks through an irc chanel, lots of server
hosts shut them down a while back i heard. but if you
want to try building a forum there, sign up and let me
know what your nick is so i can change it to a
moderator. you can try and grow it there and then if
you dont like sharing with mac and windoz users, think
of moving it when it will better support itself.
http://websitegurus.us the link to the forums is in
the lower left corner under the section labled "more
resources". if you want to do a weekly or monthly
linux article/tech tip/help type thing, ive been
looking at adding that sort of section, make some
sugestions. i dont mind putting my efforts into
helping a project like this, i like linux. personaly,
id like to see it grow a lot more, especialy on the
desktop. besides, it might be good advertising for me
anyways lol.

come to think of it, think if you freebsd thinkers or
other unix flavor types(or macs, alpha, sun ....?)
wanna shot at it, i think i might be talked into doing
the same for you if you want. the only thing i ask is
keep it reasonable, if it gets too insulting or
offensive, it might scare away others. it is suposed
to be a professional site after all. ;)