vsftpd problems

From: Newnham <newnham@gci.net>
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 22:26:07 AKST

I am running a colocated box with redhat 9. I installed vsftpd 2.0.1 on the box and turned xinetd's ftp service. Tis way i can get vsftpd to run stand alone. The problem I am having is when I ftp localhost i can log in as a local user no matter what, but when I have ftp or anonymous enabled i can log in with them. But even if I log in with ftp or anonymous I can't write no matter what i do. anyone have any ideas? here is my config.
# Standalone mode
listen=YES
max_clients=200
max_per_ip=4