Re: Gimp-Print ?

From: <bryan@ak.net>
Date: Sun Dec 19 2004 - 01:25:48 AKST

On Sun, Dec 19, 2004 at 12:04:51AM -0900, Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net> wrote:

> I know that the Debian package management system doesn't remove all
> apps & libs installed. It may remove the main app but it doesn't do
> anything to the depends it installed. You can use 'deborphan' to find
> the 'cruft' left behind but apt doesn't do this as part of package
> removal. A 'revert to previous state' type of system would simplify
> things, though Debian does have all the tools to get the job done, you
> just need to know more.

Interesting. The dependencies, of course, are seperate packages,
capable of being installed and uninstalled on their own. So you
could remove everything associated with a program, if you wanted
to do it one at a time. If you removed a single package, though,
would it leave behind anything that it installed in the first place?

Do debian's tools not have an option for removing a dependency tree?
I would have guessed that they would. Of course, I'm a slackware
guy, so what do I know?

--
Bryan Medsker
bryan@ak.net