Re: re-introducing a Religious discussion: UPS's and Line Conditioners.

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Wed Dec 01 2004 - 13:34:42 AKST

It's my understanding that a good UPS inherently provides adequate line
conditioning. If you wanted to have both, I would put it before the UPS
as the line conditioner is made to take the crud coming over the power
lines and the UPS perhaps a little less so. The UPS is already designed
to put out fairly clean power, so a conditioner after the UPS would be
overkill, imho.

For what it's worth, I have all of my regularly-used computers at home
and at work on UPS's (typically APC 500's, a few larger ones for the
servers) and don't worry about any other kind of line conditioner.

Anyway, I'm not an expert on this type of thing - just relaying what
I've heard in the past and my personal experience/opinion :)

Justin