Re: FreeBSD screenshots

From: Damien Hull <dhull@digitaloverload.net>
Date: Tue Nov 09 2004 - 23:13:33 AKST

I like OS X and the Macintosh. I can't say to much about the new stuff
because I haven't used it. My dad and brother are both Mac users. They
seem to like it a lot.

My brother and computers don't go well together but he spends a lot of
time on his Macintosh laptop. He got him self a digital video camera a
while back and within a short time he was making movies. Now he spends
hours editing video, adding sound tracks and creating cool transitions.

I give Apple points for creating an OS that allows the average user to
not only get work done but try out new technology like digital video.
Linux is free and doesn't have the virus problem that windows does.
However, you wont find people like my brother using it the way he uses
his Mac.

For Linux or BSD to be considered as an option by the average user it
needs to be as easy to use as a Mac.

If you would like to contribute to my evaluation of BSD you could send
me a few screen-shots to start. I'll bet there are a few people out
there who have never seen OS X.

If I think of anything else I'll let you know.