Re: Milestones

From: David J. Weller-Fahy <dave-lists-aklug@weller-fahy.com>
Date: Sun Nov 07 2004 - 12:54:36 AKST

* Mac Mason <mac@cs.hmc.edu> [2004-11-07 12:50 -0900]:
> I was under the impression that updating from a 4.X to a 5.X was
> considered a _really bad idea_ to the point where the recommended
> upgrade policy across major revisions was to install from scratch.

I had heard that, but IIRC the *badness* of the idea came from the time
when the 5 branch wasn't nearly as stable as it is now.

Not sure, but either way I've got an extra server and I'm not afraid to
use it! ;]

If the system starts doing weird things then I'll definitely do a full
reinstall, but for now I wanted to see if I could with minimal downtime.

Regards,

--
dave [ please don't CC me ]