Re: Most upgradeable distro?

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@mtaonline.net>
Date: Sat Nov 06 2004 - 14:10:36 AKST

I third it. Gentoo's emerge is great. In fact, once you install any
gentoo system, there is no real reason to upgrade to a newer release, as
emerge will give you the same updated packages as a newer version.

Gentoo compiles everything as well. which is rather slow, (several days
to do a full install of X, KDE, and Gnome on my P2/333) but gives you
great performance, especially if you tweak the compile options for your
system. I've only ran into a couple problems with emerge breaking
programs or refusing to install. However, the forums on Gentoo's site
usually have a fix already if you search through them.

Justin