RE: someone at The Daily Mississippian gets it right about Linux

From: Stephen King <sking@chartercollege.edu>
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 12:30:36 AKDT

<Devil's Advocate Mode>
Yes, but...I look at the hours and hours and hours I've spent over the
past several months working through issues between RedHat and Xandros
and Novell, at the fact that many of these "free alternative" packages
require a fair amount of programming knowledge or pure luck (or both)
just to compile so you can *then* try to install them...and I can see
where people are quite happy in pre-compiled,
most-things-work-out-of-the-box Microsoft land. *still twitching* I
just don't _wanna_ spend the rest of my life RTFM'ing. I've got a nice,
pretty book about hobbitses and stuff that I wanna read if I can _ever_
climb out of compiling hell.
</DAM>
Alright, flame me if ya gotta.

Stephen King