Re: Recursive DNS w/ GCI

From: Beau V.C. Bellamy <beau@borealisbroadband.net>
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 12:29:50 AKDT

Hello Scott,

Your problem may be with you forwarding your DNS requests to DNS servers not
on the GCI network. Namely the ACS one in this case. A lot of ISPs turn
off recursion , forwarding, and glue-fetching for requests that don't
originate on thier networks. This is usually done in the process of securing
a DNS server from poisoning attacks and to reduce load.

Hope that helps.

- Beau