Re: Dual-Monitor Problems

From: Adam bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Wed Oct 06 2004 - 11:29:01 AKDT

Tim Johnson wrote:

>I have a matrox g450 dual-head card.
>Microtek 815C on one head.
>Proview P-416S on the other.
>
>OS is Red Hat 9.0. Couldn't get signal from
>the second (Proview) monitor, so
>I posted to the Matrox Forum. The technician advised me
>to install the new drivers, which I did. I have
>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o
>/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_hal_drv.o
>both have permissions set to 775 by the install script.
>
>He also posted a config file. You can view this at:
>http://www.johnsons-web.com/demo/problems/matrox/XF86Config.matrox.txt
>
>When I used this configuration (on RedHat), the server crashed.
>The last two error messages that I observed after the core dump
>were:
>"No Core Pointer"
>"Failed to initialize the core devices"
>
>You can see the logfile at
> http://www.johnsons-web.com/demo/problems/matrox/XFree86.0.log.txt
>
> Note: I've tried switching some code around, with no positive results
> The code that you see there is exactly as the Matrox Tech provided.

Eh, it can't find your mouse. You might want to make sure that
everything referring to your mouse is OK (and maybe change things back
to the way they were, at least for your mouse stuff). I don't see the
mouse device listed; you might try that first and foremost. If you have
a mouse wheel, add "Option" "ZAxisMapping "4 5" in your mouse section, too.

As well, you spelled "Xinerama" wrong, and I think you need "Option"
"Xinerama" "True". At least, I do.

Adam