Re: gmail (plus advice)

From: Clay Scott <rudeboy@gci.net>
Date: Wed Aug 25 2004 - 10:29:30 AKDT

> Anyone doing this? I'd love to hear what's being
> used. What I've found is command-line stuff like
> webcamd, or freshmeat's list of beta (and alpha)
> stuff, most of which seem to want me to upgrade
> to unstable (nope, not gonna happen). Most of the
> X-based ones seem to want to hosteverything on
> the local PC, not upload elsewhere via FTP... :-(

i strongly recommend you check out camE, a really nice app written (well, rewritten) by my friend tom. supports everything you said you wanted and then some.

http://www.linuxbrit.co.uk/camE/

~clay

p.s. i could really use one of those gmail accounts to switch my aklug subscription to. getting "your account is almost full" messages every few days is annoying.