Re: ACS DSL with Gentoo

From: Adam Bultman <adamb@glaven.org>
Date: Tue Aug 24 2004 - 13:37:14 AKDT

I got ACS DSL running on my gentoo box a few weeks ago, after some
initial problems.

I *think* I'm using rp_ppooe, but I Can't remember, and right now, the
connection at this coffee shop is being hosed by some idiot using P2P
or something.

Anyway, a few things to remember:

Remember to use '@acsalaska.net' in your username, remember that if you
drop your connection (i.e. computer shuts off, etc) that it will take a
few minutes, up to a half an hour, for your session to die on the line
card, and you won't be able to get on until then.

If you need more help, I've got my configs handy at home, and I can send
bits and pieces of them to you if you need anything from them.

Adam