Web download manager

From: Scott Johnson <scott.a.johnson@gmail.com>
Date: Sun Aug 08 2004 - 02:07:12 AKDT

Been searching through Sourceforge with no success, hoping someone on
the list has a pointer. I'm looking for a package that I can install
on an Apache web box that will basically turn the box into a download
manager. I may be moving out to the Bush soon, and figured a better
way then try to download stuff over 56k is HTTP into a server I leave
behind here in Anchorage, queue up some downloads (hopefully via a
nice web interface) then burn my downloads to a DVD-R once a week to
be mailed to me. Does anyone know of a web app that would act in the
capacity of a download manager? Keeping the browser window
open/connected wouldn't be very practical - basically I'm looking for
something I can input a URL, a user/pass if needbe, and click a simple
form button to POST the data to the server, which then downloads the
file.

Ideas?

Thanks.

--