Re: dvdrtools (dvdrecord) vs. dvd+rw-tools

From: Justin Dieters <enderak@gci.net>
Date: Fri Jul 30 2004 - 06:10:00 AKDT

I was able to use dvd+rw-tools (growisofs) to burn a DVD+R disc today,
and it seems to work fine, though I only got it to burn at 1x for some
reason - it may be that I burned a fairly short disc (~50 megs) so it
didn't have time to achieve the full 4x speed properly . In any case,
it seems to be a pretty good tool, if somewhat sparse on features.

I am getting on DVD-R discs to try out dvdrecord as well. I expect I
just need to do a little testing to find the best combination of
disc/format/method to use.

Anyway, thanks for the info, Greg.

Justin