Re: 90% of Linux Systems Have Never Been Infected ...

From: Greg Madden <pabi@gci.net>
Date: Wed Jul 28 2004 - 12:28:39 AKDT

On Wednesday 28 July 2004 12:05 pm, Wesley Brown wrote:
> So are you saying that there have been alot more?
> That there is a population of Linux developers out
> there that are supressing information?
>
> I ask because I hve been doing alot of thinking
> lately. I am a newbie to Linux but relatively
> experienced with windows. Whenever I load a new
> windows os the first thing I do is install anti-virus,
> spyware protection, and a software firewall before I
> connect to any network or even load any software
> essential to prospective task. I do none of this to
> my Linux machines and I am comfortable with this.
> Should I worry, am I missing something?
>
> Wesley Brown

I am not sure what Royce had in mind but if you look at the virii that
come through you will see that they are Windows executables (won't run
on Linux). When it comes to hacking a system, Windows is such an easy
target it is hard to imagine, for me, that many would take the time to
go after more difficult targets.

--
Greg Madden
Precision Air Balance, Inc.