Re: wi-fi info

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Wed Jul 21 2004 - 00:44:25 AKDT

On Wednesday 21 July 2004 12:13 am, you wrote:
> that's exactly what i'm talking about. i'm not tryin to make any money.
> more of just expanding on a hobby.

I hear ya. Check this, the Loussac library is looking
to get wireless up and running, but they think they have a money issue. I find that
to be hard to believe, they must be thinking M$, not

 .~.
 / v \
/( _ )\
 ^ ^

So, with my brain ticking (ouch ouch ouch), why can't this company give a decent sized
pipe, that company give a few pieces of equipment and that group go to work while that
newspaper mentions a blurb and that media outlet mentions something and...
Catch my drift. There's projects like this everywhere, but, seems like the shoes are
empty. Maybe the library would be cake to wire up with wireless, fairly cheap I reckon too.
Heck, they could designate one small area for wireless, thus only a couple APs. heh lol
I wonder how bright their admins are? I know there's security solutions too. Oh heck,
I don't know, just a thought that originated from a conversation I had with a librarian there.
I just find it hard to believe that a wireless network would cost to much to implement at
the library when I see funds being thrown down the toilet by local (cough) corporations
and such. I must admit though, it is kinda silly of an idear, with ACS right around the corner,
plus everyone's full time jobs...BUT IF

gnight,bests,
eddie