Re: System Mail question

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Fri Jul 09 2004 - 19:01:39 AKDT

On Friday 09 July 2004 01:43 pm, Dan Wolf wrote:
> Hi all,
> Recently I set up a new box with SUSE 9.1. During installation, when I
> got to the point of adding regular users (not root) there is a check box in
> the add user window to allow receiving system mail. I did not check the
> box and continued the installation along with adding all the packages and
> then updating everything. Is there a simple way to have the system mail be
> sent to my user account? This system uses Postfix as it's MTA.

Look into /etc/aliases. I myself have all root mail sent to my user account.

snippet from mine:

# Person who should get root's mail. This alias
# must exist.
# CHANGE THIS LINE to an account of a HUMAN
root: captgoodnight

after changing/adding the line. Do a

$#newaliases

or a

$#sendmail -bi

To initialize the database.

The man pages for postfix are a real help too ;p)

Bests,
eddie

PS I might be missing something here.