automating ftp when connecting to VMS system

From: Mike Baker <mikelbaker@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu Jun 24 2004 - 09:20:04 AKDT

is there someway to automate ftp downloads from a VMS system? I have tried wget but when I login to the VMS system I need to change the disk and directory. wget seems to be confused and tries to cd to [DISK4$:[directory]] rather than cd DISK4$:[directory].

Does anyone do this using some other method? Or is there some wget parameter that knows how to change the disk as well as the directory?

Thanks

Mike