Re: Wireless Notebook Adapter for Fedora 2

From: Shortpier <shortpier@shortpier.is-a-geek.com>
Date: Tue Jun 22 2004 - 21:31:14 AKDT

Tim Johnson wrote:

>I've got a Linksys Wireless-B Model WPC11 Notebook
>Adapter here. I can't find any drivers available for
>Fedora 2.
>
>Does anyone know of available drivers? If not, can
>anyone recommend a different Adapter?
>
>I'd be using this with a Linksys Wireless-B router
>and the laptop is a Compaq Presario 2100.
>
>Thanks
>tim

What version ? 1 and 2 work with the wlan-ng version 3 I believe is an
atmel chip (I have a smc 2362 v3.... v1, v2, use prism v3 is atmel. I
get good performance on the alpha drivers from sourceforge (just no
removeing and putting back in, locks up the box 1 in 3 times on
mandrake 9.1 (PLF ... :) ). the Atmel driver also drives the usb wlan
(11b) that wal-mart sells (both "pen" and block) quite well and hotswap
on the usb works flawlessly (tested on mandrake 10 powerpack comunity
release on a Sony vio PCG-tr55 (1 lb pII 300/128 meg).

Also when I was messing with the wireless I found that some of the
companys are recycleing ids with diffrent chips ( NASTY)

Shortpier