Feeling Dirty

From: <captgoodnight@acsalaska.net>
Date: Mon Jun 21 2004 - 21:57:16 AKDT

I was wondering if anyone has a personal best for amount of viruses/spyware files/folders/reg keys found/removed from
a customer's computer (minus cookies)? lol. Mine was just raised from 20 or so to 135 :) It's nuts, I make
a little money cleaning people's computers! M$ infects them, I clean them... I make a little cash on the side, thanks dirt bags!

Anyhow, came across this article, wanted to share; might be an old read for some.

The following columnist commentary was published on SecurityFocus today;

Time to Dump Internet Explorer
By Scott Granneman June 17, 2004 7:54am PT

It's time to tell our users, our clients, our associates, our families,
and our friends to abandon Internet Explorer.

http://www.securityfocus.com/columnists/249

MODERATORS NOTE:
What would be interesting is using a 'client' honeypot. Take a clean
install of a Win32 system, then have IE on it connect to hundreds of
random websites. See if any of the websites makes 'unauthorized'
modifications to your 'client' honeypot :)

^ FUN ;)

bests all, wanted to share some dirt.
eddie