Re: Flash .ogg player compatible with Linux?

From: William Laxson <wlaxson1@corecom.net>
Date: Sun Jun 13 2004 - 16:48:49 AKDT

Justin,

My iRiver came with an optional flash download that makes it work as a
USB memory stick. The downside is that some of the other features the
custom interface drives disappear. For example, currently, I can have
multiple directory levels, but I think I read that you are limited to
only one subdirectly level with thealternative flash load. I am unsure
if you can reflash once converted? Also, the flash load can only be
done from a windows machine (which I'm sure you have access to).

So research whether the model you are interested in has this option.

Bill Laxson