Sharing Resources

From: Zach Parish <messiah@acsalaska.net>
Date: Tue Jun 01 2004 - 22:29:13 AKDT

AKLUG,

        I've got a fairly decent computer/networking library, and I am wondering if
others are willing to buy/trade/sell/share etc.. Barnes & Noble gets
expensive quick. I'm primarily interested in resources involving network
security as I am studying for my CISSP. I've got anything from 'network
programming with perl' to books (very in depth) on wireless security. Also,
(I'm here because of the USAF), what does the job market look like this area?
I would love to give some general security workshops to increase nearly every
networks weakest link...the end users themselves. I've got quite a bit of
Intrusion Detection experience behind my belt also. Within the next week I'll
post a link so that those interested can take a look at the kind of Snort IDS
signatures get flagged on an everday basis by utilizing the ACID PHP web
based front-end. This will just be the traffic that flows into my ACS home
user DSL connection.
        If anybody has any ideas or projects that they would like to get started on
specifically involving security...I'd be more than interested in
contributing, just drop me a line.

Thanks in advance,
Zach Parish