phpmyadmin and apache2?

From: Thomison, Lee <ThomisonL@ci.anchorage.ak.us>
Date: Wed May 26 2004 - 15:24:34 AKDT

Hey folks,

Despite my best efforts, as well as intense denial and private temper
tantrums, looks like I'm going to have to learn a bit about apache and
php and html. So....

I'm trying to set up phpmyadmin to work on, surprise, mysql. I'm
assuming I have php and apache set up ok, but I wouldn't bet a free cup
of coffee on it.

I'm working in gentoo 1.4, btw.

I've un-tar'ed the phpmyadmin.tar.gz to /var/www/netmon/phpmyadmin/

If I try to go to http://netmon/phpmyadmin/index.php, I get an empty
page.

The entry in error_log is:

[Wed May 26 14:36:18 2004] [error] [client 10.70.1.176] File does not
exist: /var/www/netmon/favicon.ico

/var/www/netmon/index.php does exist.

In the (stock) index.php, there is no entry for a favicon, much less a
favicon.ico. Nor is there one in commonapache.conf or apache.conf or
vhosts.conf

I have restarted the apache2 daemon, with no apparent changes.

So, any suggestions on what to do next?

Here's the vhost.conf entry:

NameVirtualHost 10.70.1.176

<VirtualHost 10.70.1.176>
ServerName netmon
ServerAdmin bozo@netmon
DocumentRoot /var/www/netmon

<Directory />
   Options FollowSymlinks
   AllowOverride None
</Directory>

<Directory "/var/www/netmon">
   Options Indexes FollowSymlinks
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
</Directory>

DirectoryIndex index.html index.html.var index.php index.php3
index.shtml index.cgi index.pl index.htm Default.htm defau
lt.htm

#
# That's where those pesky cgi scripts can live for netmon, should we in
a fit of masochistic despair, decide to use any.
#
    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/var/www/netmon/cgi-bin/"

    <Directory "/var/www/netmon/cgi-bin">
         AllowOverride None
         Options None
         Order allow,deny