Re: MTA Service

From: Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>
Date: Wed May 19 2004 - 08:28:22 AKDT

* Jim <jsw@wadell.org> [040518 20:27]:
> I am thinking about switching to MTA. Thing I like about GCI is that I
> have kept the same address for 2 1/2 years (no fixed address cost, just
> a home router). Does MTA stay pretty stable?

 Hi Jim:

    There is MTA and there is MTASolutions. MTASolutions is the
    ISP and of course, MTA provides the physical backbone.

    MTASolutions has come a long way. It used to be terrible, but
    for *me* (and I stress, for me) lately it has been like the
    Maytag repairman. Rock solid and that's for DSL.

    However, MTA's DSL reliability in the Palmer area varies
    with the area. Greg Jetter lives on Lazy Mountain and has
    add some 2-3 day outages, and they seem to be related to
    local hardware.

    You live in Eagle River, right? Check with your neighbors.
    tim

--
Tim Johnson <tim@johnsons-web.com>